Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 7, 2011

Hứa Văn Hiếu's Writing

 HIẾU'S WRITING


This is the first essay that I have written for my first English club that truly expresses my feelings.

 I have been in Ho Chi Minh City for nearly one year and I have been a part of Speak Up (we usually call it ‘SU’) for 10 months. That is not a long time for most people, but it is a long time for me because of how much I have matured because of this club. So, what do I mean "matured"?

When I first came to HCMC, I did not focus on English. I was so lucky, though, because I had some friends who were already studying here, and they introduced me to this club.

The first time I came to SU, I couldn’t speak any English, even though I had studied English in school for many years. I sat down at a small table and just watched other people speaking English. That experience motivated me to take some English classes in speaking and listening in order to improve my speaking skills. After a couple of months, I began to speak more in English and build a stronger foundation of spoken English. Over time, I continued to improve. I spent a lot of time on English and tried to attend some English clubs here. I was so busy studying English that I did not have much time to relax.

I want to share something personal with you, the members of my English club, and also with my teacher. Teacher! I can recall what you taught me the first time we met: you taught me how to pronounce the word "tea-cher”, but I always say "teach- cher". It is such a simple thing, but it is awesome. Thanks again! I love the way you teach English to students. It’s not completely strict or easy. I can hear the kind of things you say when we don’t prepare for the lessons like: “I will kill you as I can” or “How long have you been studying English?” At that time I didn’t really like it at all. However, a few days later, I realized that you know how to motivate your students and how to make a balance between strict and easy ways, and to sympathize with students sometimes. I still remember the time when you talked about your own studies and told us that it took you many years of devoted (?) study to learn English. I admire you a lot!

First, I was your student. Then, I became a volunteer for your English club. It has been my pleasure because I enjoy that volunteer work. I can meet other volunteers and learn a lot from them. The volunteers here are very active, enthusiastic, creative, and lovely people. SU is a place where we can build many relationships. It is not only a good English environment for anyone who wants to improve their English, but also a cozy place for people who want to enjoy coffee after a long work day.

As a volunteer, I talk with many people who want to improve their English. Some of them speak very little English and they seem to be shy. They remind me of myself when I first came to SU. That is why I say that I have matured a lot because of this club.

I will never forget these things!

Many thanks to Speak Up and my teacher Mr. Hong Anh!

All the best to you!

Your number one student,

Van Hieu.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét